Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Sunday November 14, 2004 at 12:40
lasvegas_rob
Long Time Member
October 2004
rhm9,

I know exactly what you're going through. Unfortunately I don't have any better suggestions other than what you have already received. However, I too have an IR problem that I am hoping someone can help me with:

I have a rack system (with a marantz sr7400 receiver) controlled via a xantech IR system. The problem is, that ONLY in the mornings, the receiver will not respond to IR commands for the first 5 or 6 times, either via the front emitter or the rca rc5 jack on the back. After that first 5 or 6 times, it works flawlessly. There are two completely independent IR systems running on this rack, one for the clients Family Room, and another for their Whole house audio. The family room system looks like this: Dinky Link receiver ---Cat5---789-50 universal interface---791 amplified connecting block---emitters to components EXCEPT marantz receiver---ir out to marantz rc5 input jack. Previously, the marantz would not accept factory or rc9500 commands via the front IR receiver port if something was plugged into the Multi RC input, so we pulled the emitter from the front. When we pulled the multi RC plug from the back of the marantz, it worked fine, but then the customer could not use their IR receivers in the rest of the house, which are Xantech IR volume controls. Now, it seems like any time we have an IR plug plugged into the back of the receiver, either on multi rc in or rc5 in, it will not accept ir from the front, AND it will not work for the first 5 or 6 tries in the morning, which is the same problem we have been having from day one. If I'm running all over the place on this one, I apologize, but I am SO confused, I've gone cross-eyed! We've pulled the marantz and replaced it with another, checked the 789-50 jumpers, replaced a power supply, made sure that there were not redundant power supplies on the IR system...I only have these things left to do, and then I'm really going to go crazy: double up on the cat5 wiring going to the dinky link (running 3 wires now), add jumpers to the 791 amplified block, or GET RID OF THE MARANTZ!!!! Thanks for everyone's help, and thanks for contributing to this forum!
Rob B
Trying to get it right

Hosting Services by ipHouse