Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday November 11, 2004 at 22:56
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
The only thing I might add....and considering my luck with decorators and client's equipment I am not one to cast stones......

1. Because a learning remote says that it has learned a code does not mean it really has. If your McIntosh DVD only reponds to its own remote then your pronto has not learned its codes.

2. Older Dimmers indeed did broadcast RF energy as a by product of dimming and can occasionally cause IR problems but no way a Lutron dimmer is the cause of this problem.

3. Pay attention to lamps ( light bulbs to the initiated ).

4. I would only use plasma proof IR sensors. I would also be careful with Audioplex. I have not kept up with their product since I was burned by them a few years back but they used to work by severely restricting the bandwidth of their IR receivers. They specificly failed to carry 38 MHz---which just happens to be the frequency of all cable remotes. How many IR based systems have you installed that did not include a cable box?

5. Mr2Channel is on the money both in terms of trouble shooting techiques and the Universal remotes. Prontos offer cool graphics but URC has a much better IR library whose codes they learned with a binary code analyzer. Their codes work. Period. And a remote is better egonomically than a touch panel. Ok, I love to channel serf and prefer one handed solutions. I need the second hand free.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse