The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Wednesday January 5, 2005 at 22:41
augsys
Long Time Member
January 2005
AHEM, From your post I don't think you understand how a MSA works.

Here's how the MSA works. Rather than pay a high monthly premium for a policy with a low deductible and low co-pays, you opt for a high deductible policy (to help in the event of an emergency or major expense like cancer or major surgery) and you make regular deposits into a medical savings account (to cover the minor expenses).

Deposits made toward the medical savings plan are 100% tax-deductible, and can be used towards any out-of-pocket medical expense, like satisfying your deductible, covering office visits, etc.

And any medical savings account funds you don't use will remain in the account, drawing interest on a tax-deferred basis, until needed for future medical expenses or retirement.

With my personal plan, I pay about $140 a month, my deductible is $5100. The $5100 goes in the savings account, where it grows tax free. I pay for everything up the deductible out of the savings account, after the deductible is met the insurance pays 100%.

The last standard insurance we had (a PPO plan) cost $380 the deductible was $1000 after the deductible they paid 80%. It doesn't take a math genius to figure out that at best this a wash.

The big advantage is if your stay healthy and keep feeding the savings account, your building wealth instead of the insurance company.

Now that said, this is not for everyone. People with preexisting conditions or big risk factors for certain illnesses should look at traditional insurance as should anyone who is not fiscally disciplined.
http://www.gmillerdesigns.com/ Propose-Design-Program

http://integrationpros.org Where the Pros Go!

Hosting Services by ipHouse