The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Monday May 16, 2005 at 17:00
kfp673
Long Time Member
October 2004
On 05/16/05 12:00 ET, Jeff Wagner said...
Sorry, I was out of town last week and just saw
this thread today (hence my comments on the earlier
points brought up)>

I for one am thrilled that Tweeter is closing
some locations. I'm not afraid of another trunk-slammer
in any of our markets - we just make sure our
company is attractive enough to grab up all of
the good ones. We're having no problems filling
our installer needs for the large number of Magnolia
locations we are opening next week - Tweeter and
Ultimate have created a pool of qualified applicants
unlike any this industry has ever seen.
We're still being picky though - I worked for
United Audio for years before the Tweeter ownership.
One year after the purchase I didn't know a single
person in any of the stores as they'd all quit.
Now we're testing all applicants and taking the
best. I guess that the remainder will become
those trunk-slammers. I'm not at all concerned
that they'll pose a threat for us anyone else
on this site, though.

Jeff Wagner

Talk about a joke! I can't wait to see this Magnolia mess. Best Buy will be scrambling in a year or 2 after they fire everyone they stole from Tweeter and other companies for not hitting there goals. I know for a fact that Best Buy is throwing around crazy money to Tweeter managers and other companies employes and making it very clear that they will be required to hit there goals on a monthly basis to keep ther job. Go to any local Best Try and try to find a store manager who has been there for more than 2 years. Also think about the managers that are willing to jump ship! I happen to know one and he did a horrible job managing custom at Tweeter. They all know the answers that you want to hear on your "test". My point is that Best Buy is trying to pull off custom shops by taking experienced manager and they think it will just take off. No customer other than on the west coast has ever heard of Magnolia and no body in their right mind wants an instal done by best buy, so give it a few years, a bunch of store closings, a ton of fired associates and you will still have the good old Best buy we have all grone to love. You know the " We don't work on no comissions " best buy. Tweeter will do just fine and will continue to be a bigger and bigger player in the install business. Any company that knows what they are doing closes poorly preforming stores when times are tough. I also don't think any small shops should be worried about Magnolia. They will be very easy to sell off of. They failed miserably with the magnolia in the Best Buy test and I think the same will happen again.

This message was edited by kfp673 on 05/16/05 17:17 ET.
Kevin

Hosting Services by ipHouse