The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday May 9, 2005 at 09:43
schalliol
Founding Member
August 2001
Back to the topic of Lutron Spacer System emitter placement. I installed a system with the SPS-5WCR, so I was able to get the special emitters for my units. I've finished my system using a Xantech amplified connecting block, multiple locations and a master controller. Click here for a highly detailed description

Below are small images of the emitters used, but if you're at all interested, I really recommend you go to the full site, where you can see higher quality images of these products in addition to other explanations:

I found that in the configuration I installed the system that I needed an amplified block to power both emitters from one port on the block. I ran enough cable for each to have its own cable (and extras), but I figured that it was easier to just connect one first. I found that one of the emitters didn't work that was adjacent to the SPS-600M on my west wall, so I added the amplification and it worked great. The only issue I found is that through the block I cannot set the dimmers or activate the time delay off. It's not much of a problem, as I don't use it often, I could develop macros to handle a custom dim schedule, and if I really want, I can just point my remote towards the IR windows. Certainly any comments you have about my system are welcome.

Hosting Services by ipHouse