Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 7, 2005 at 06:44
AVDesignPro
August 2003
It was actually somewhat funny when I got to putting the projector in but the customer said to put it there anyway! I did but it is just unwatchable! Here is the setup!

It is installed in a very large factory in one of the many meeting rooms. However in this part of the plant it has a lot of ambient noise as well as vibration. Anyway when they built this new room whomever installed the acoustical ceiling grid attached it in places to a couple of huge what I assume is steam pipes, and they really shake!

I used a Chief CMA-455 Tile mount as I do very often so it sits in the ceiling grid and hence the vibration. Anyway my question is have any of you ever used a vibration isolation system before that has worked for you? Chief makes one but I have no experience with it and figured I would ask here.

Oh one other note before anyone points this out! Yes of course I realized the grid was vibrating and yes I would have loved to mount it differently in order to avoid the shake. BUT the entire room is actually vibrating a small amount soooo no matter where I attached it it was going to vibrate some. If I had used a long 1 1/2 from the above ceiling (15') can you imagine the amount of shake I would have had...hell it coulda been a ride at some theme park!

Hosting Services by ipHouse