The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Thursday January 12, 2006 at 00:49
boogers2u
Long Time Member
January 2006
On January 11, 2006 at 21:38, dejaposter said...
OK, I came across this forum/thread when a C4
friend emailed me the 'C4-touchscreeen-in-the-toilet"
pic from page 1...

Nice of you to find us malcontents.

(before I begin: this is my first post, yes it
is because of this thread, yes I program remotes
& Crestron and AMX, and yes my d*ck is bigger
than yours)

Experienced yet you claim your Crestron and AMX clients need constant attention. What do your privates have to do with providing your customers with the correct wire (Cresnet instead of cheap CAT5) Do your clients have the right number of power supplies?

here's the dealio: anyone who has a problem with
Control4 is probably not going to last the next
few years in the custom install business. wireless
IP systems WILL replace IR & RF

Funio how these manufacturers have handy excuses at CES and EHX.

- if you think
otherwise, you're most likely also hoping this
flatscreen phase will blow over so you can celebrate
the return of the cathode ray.

Are you done yet?

the fact is that Crestron and AMX are cool expensive
toys that break all the time. i i should know,
i fix other people's mess each and everyday.

Apparently not.

I have two homes. Crestron wanted me to have a dedicated and separate PAC2 processor for my dimmer cabinets in both houses, I obliged. None of these are simple systems with DAP8s, PAD8s, TFMs, Imerges, Escients, Jandy spa controllers, CADDX panels.

I believe I am qualified to ascern your competence with four networks of my own plus all the systems my friends and neighbors now own. Then there is the matter of close to 50 teleconference systems at my workplace around the world that have simplified their UI down to a single TPS3000 sitting in an otherwise empty room.

I'm not having any problems. Neither are they.

people
know it's unreliable, it's built into the product,
like a Ferrari or a Porche. that's probably why
80% of the people here probably work on the lower-end,
programing Pronto's all day long and trading codes
for Aquos descrete inputs :-)

Crestron celebrated its 35th anniversary recently. Their dedicated slide projector controllers *still* show up on Ebay 20 years after the world stopped caring.

There isn't a reason in this universe for me to believe you are having this much trouble if you are competent enough not to cut corners on an install.

I either still have every piece of Crestron gear I ever bought down to the VT3000s that predate VTPRO, the CNRACK, several CT1500s (nice to have a panel in the garage and by the hot tub) 1600, 3000, VT3500s and I know my old PAD8 is still in use. My god, my favorite controller for hacking a wireles fan speed controls to is.... a CNSC1A. What year did they stop making slide projectors? '94, '95?

Whatever my weakest link is, it isn't wireles and it isn't a network hub from WalMart.

But, after your defense of the C4 media controller with that monster 200watt PC power supply sticking out the back with the inevitable cooling fan, I'm really curious what you consider "reliable".

Seriously, you're in over your head.

Hosting Services by ipHouse