The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Thursday January 12, 2006 at 00:39
AHEM
Select Member
January 2004
I took the opportunity to look over the C4 forum and it's very nicely done and seems to have a bunch of people who have committed themselves very deeply to the product, but I sat in amazement at a couple of post from folks who have or are in the process of betting the farm with C4 on huge projects as it still appears to be something of a work in progress.

I'm all for technology and innovation, but my gosh, whatever happened to walking before you run? Their product may wind up being the beat-all, end-all, but what if it isnt? Do you have a backup plan if the 100 proprietary dimmers fail, or you're finding yourself spending two hours week servicing the system? If you're a small business, a few major hangups on a 100K job could potentially be enough to put you under or at the minimum have you working for free for a year or three to recoop your losses.

On top of that, you're committing to a company who is allegedly already in Circuit City, strongly rumored to be in select Costcos, has never denied (that I'm aware of), its desire to sell to box movers, and has relatively unproven products.

Just be carefull and not so naive

Hosting Services by ipHouse