The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday April 8, 2006 at 00:28
phil
Founding Member
December 2001
I started with Leviton but had terrible problems matching the almond color. Yeh, I know Pass & Seymour is light almond and can't be matched by Leviton, but I even have problems matching Levitons high voltage almond plates with their low voltage almond. Its a different shade. I have even compared different Leviton almond low voltage plates at the distributor and found color differences.
Most of the electricians around here are using P&S light almond and the only perfect match for that is P&S or Greyfox. The problem I have with those is there is no phone keystone. I know I can use the cat5 key but I have visions of a client plugging his $2000 portable PC into a phone jack and blowing his network card.
I have been using ICC lately, its not a perfect color match with light almond but is close enough that I have had no complaints. They have a wide variety of colors and F-RCA with red, blue, green, yellow or white bands. They also make a key with just a hole, I use that to make my own F, RCA or speaker keys. Pricing is a little better than Leviton.
"Regarding surround sound, I know musicians too well to want them behind my back."
-Walter Becker

Hosting Services by ipHouse