Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 78 made on Monday May 22, 2006 at 18:02
Instalz
April 2005
Sparkygod1, I hear you. That's why I stated that I wouldn't even consider a million dollar project. Too big, and I refuse to screw up my reputation taking on something that I can't handle. I have turned down a couple of big commercial jobs do to the fact that I am basically a one man show, and can't risk not being able to meet deadlines and being tied up on one particular job for too long.
The job that I am referring too is as big as I'll go. Reading and learning on this forum has also led me to believe that there is just as much money too be made in the smaller projects anyway.
One of the things that I've been struggling with lately is that I'm getting close to the point where I could possibly expand. I am torn, as I fear allowing someone (an employee) out in the field that could potentially give me a bad rep. Yes, I know that training is essential, but I don't care if you hire a guy that knows more than you do, that doesn't make him a conscious person. After all, it's my reputation on the line, not his. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but I worry about that. I just got the exclusive on an 88 home development. Remember, I'm a one man show (my wife works with me on occasion). The homes are going to be custom built, so it's not like they'll be cookie cutters that are all built in 6 months. Should be an awesome opportunity. Got it by word of mouth. Can't beat that huh?

Hosting Services by ipHouse