The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday June 3, 2006 at 10:09
Michael Clarke
Long Time Member
September 2003
Went to a site meeting recently re: proposing on a wholehouse audio/video system. I noticed that the home was in an advanced stage of construction. I looked on the electrical drawing and noticed there were no conduits in place for a/v.
When I asked about the lack of conduits, the architect jumped in and advised me that the client wanted a wireless system. This house is all concrete & steel ( most houses in Jamaica are). I explained to him that wireless was a no no especially in a concrete & steel environment. He went on to tell the meeting that he attended a trade show in Miami 1 year ago and a presenter there told him that in 6 months all electronic devices would be able to work wirelessly. The client did not ask for a wireless system,
he just wanted wholehouse audio/video but the architect decided he would be getting a wireless system. ( hence no planning for conduits)

The architect advised me that if I could not pull off the job he could find a lot of outfits in Miami that would be able to. Apparently he plans to trasmit 117 volts wirelessly to the speaker locations because there are no electrical outlets at most of the proposed speaker locations
Ever notice when you are driving that everybody going slower than you is an idiot and everyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Hosting Services by ipHouse