The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Thursday June 8, 2006 at 11:27
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
You wouldn't put yourself in that situation but most likely your employer would if you or someone else from your company had set the deal up and you were under contract. I actually wouldn't put myself in many of the positions my EP put me in and don't now that he's gone.

I wasn't aware that you work for someone else. Don't get me wrong, you may have owned your own firm at some point and even if you haven't I still value your input and have on many occasions.

I appreciate good employees... especially the ones I've got. I appreciate the input from those of you on the employee side here as well but I'm more likely to side with Dave because some of you have NO idea of the kind of sacrifice it takes to be an owner. You'd be pissed at me if I snuck into your office, pulled hard earned greenbacks out of your wallet and then smiled when I saw you... thats what it feels like when you bust your ass for 80+ hours a week to sometimes make less than your techs. When the last payment on a job is all you'll really ever take home... not some guaranteed bi-weekly paycheck it strikes a little differently.

I would like to ask... what kind of hidden issue is there when you lay things out up front... tell the clients what they're paying for gear and labor and they sign a contract. Sorry if the market busted... Sorry if the Change orders took you out of budget... Sorry if the tile guy got 20K more than he bid for.... I don't give a rats ass what your personal life is all about... if you conspire to steal from me I'm pissed at you... end of story... and it will certainly leave me a bit leary in any future dealings we have.

Hosting Services by ipHouse