The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday June 8, 2006 at 10:03
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
That scenario you descibe sounds doomed from the get-go. Ex Partners are "EX" for a reason..... You continued to honor that arangement.... The guy was taking advantage of you from the start it seems.. Why would you be surprised, shocked, or outraged when he tried to get MORE? As I stated above..... If a CLient is asking about Sidework.. there is ausually already an issue. The scenario you describe above is NOT one I would put myself in.

Am I excessively successful? No.... The company I work for does fine. I do fine..... We, of course, have a no side work policy. ANd people do ask aour installers from time to time to do stuff on the side. Its there responsibility to say no thanks.

Budgets get blown, People have bad days in the market, or maybe they simply are looking to save where they can. --- OR--- they are unhappy with one part of the job, but like the installer thats there. Are any of those reasons to be upset with your client?

Again.... If the Sidework request is handled professionaly and quickly, the conversation ends, and you continue working onthe clock.

Hosting Services by ipHouse