The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday June 8, 2006 at 00:43
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
I like Damon's idea about a bone. My guy didn't think twice and told me about the situations. They have come up in the past and he's always told me that he turned it down per our rules and I have never said anything to a client about this issue. Perhaps he feels really loyal because I just cashed in mileage to fly his wife and him to Vegas for the weekend.

The solicitations were directly for AV work and were in the spirit of "Roland's rate of $75.00 an hour is too high... how 'bout if we do it on the weekend for half that cash". I know all of the reasons why I wouldn't authorize this but I really feel like I want both of the clients to know that I found out without making my guy seem like a schoolyard tattle-tail. I want to let them know that I'm not so f---g stupid that I wouldn't find out!

By the way... those of you who mention the insurance thing... you know...the guys not on the clock so he's not insured. Don't you think that if he does cause catastrophic damage that once a slimeball lawyer is done with his paltry holdings that said lawyer would find some way to bring the company to court as well?

I have the same family policy as Stew... and I do allow my guys to take tips even though it could come back to bite you if the client who gave it now expects something special. I figure a bit of walk around cash that didn't come out of my pocket is a good thing!

Stanley, I have heard the AV story... I didn't fare much better with my ex drunk, drugged up, deadbeat dad, bankrupt morally and financially partner either... but thats a different thread... or maybe a story better left untold as I hate dwelling on it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse