Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Saturday April 28, 2007 at 18:04
karmann
November 2004
I haven't used the system but these are my thoughts and seems to be that of some others;

- the architecture and scalability of the product is impressive - centralised or distributed, it's your choice
- their wiring topology is pretty much industry standard (Cat 5 with 16/4 from rack to speaker via keypad / controller)
- audio (and video) over IP is the future, maybe not just exclusively
- the product has a market right now, just requires a different way of selling it to what we have been use to
- it has limitations with regards to user interface design but will suit a large number of clients and is getting better over time
- I believe it allows you to package up systems and sell in volume more easily than traditional fully custom systems, so if you want to grow your business by selling loads more systems then you will need to move away from fully customised systems as the labour required to install and support makes it too challenging
- knowledge of networking is critical, as it is with a lot of products we are selling these days anyway
- it's not a Crestron or AMX killer but will nibble at some of their market
- the similar pricing to Crestron or AMX won't make it that appealing to dealers of these but may not matter to others
- I am not ready for the product as yet but am keeping a close eye on it
- not being a fully customisable product is a concern if and when your client comes back to you a year after installation and wants to integrate an unsupported product
- without stating the obvious, it needs to be rock solid for it to succeed
- it's not going to be a product for everyone, especially the close minded
- Buzz Goddard is a huge asset to the company and others should take note of how he represents the company and conducts himself on this and other public forums

Last edited by karmann on April 28, 2007 18:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse