Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday April 27, 2007 at 21:57
QQQ
January 2002
Edit: I was typing a post as I was doing something else and Buzz answered in the mean time.

Well again JBJ, it's NOT meant to go in a rack. Look, if you don't like the product, fine. But if you are going to crap on it every time there is a mention of it just for the sake of crapping on it, it gets tiring. First you said it was a car amp. Now you say you didn't use it but used something else you could put in a rack. So what the hell is the problem then, you were able to easily overcome what you didn't like about the product, right?

They now offer 3 amps, the 20 watt x 2 version, a 50 watt x 2 version and a 100 watt x 2 version. All are designed to be located in the room and have Ethernet connections. If someone wants to locate them centrally they could all be mounted on a wall. Polk also offers IP speakers. If that doesn't meet someones needs, and I happen to be a "rack guy" too, then you can evidently use a rack mount product, since that's what you did. Some type of Ethernet to legacy conversion would be required.

And BTW, even though I'm a rack guy their strategy of offering room amplifiers does make sense because it ties into their strategy of offering a system that enables very long runs along with almost infinite expandability/modularity. As an example, if someone wants to add a room no extra rack space is required. And if someone wants to add 3 rooms you add 3 and don't have to add an extra 12 channel amp because you are out of channels. Just run a Cat 5 to the room and you are set. Their strategy is not without merit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse