The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Thursday July 19, 2007 at 17:02
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 19, 2007 at 13:52, AACTrent said...
What's being said here is that there are far better TVs
out there than a Vizio, and that the absence of comparison
(or comparing to other Costco TVs) is no comparison at
all.

Yes.

Vizio TVs are just one of a dozen bargain basement brands
that use seconds from LCD and plasma plants and combine
that with low quality worksmanship and components to make
a TV that delivers an HD image at a low price point.

It's been my experience in a manufacturing environment that there can never be enough rejects to ship to someone so they can use them to create a cheap line of crap. One or two cheap individual pieces of crap, yeah, but not a whole line. Nowhere near enough to market any one model, and for instance have even a single demo, let alone a demo and two in backup stock for each and every Costco nationwide.

Also, rejects are usually shipped back to the company that made them: no manufacturer will buy a thousand of something, have five bad ones, and just eat those five! They will negotiate in advance to have those five returned, probably freight free, to the manufacturer. What, now, can the manufacturer do with five of them? Or even one thousand? A thousand isn't enough plasma displays to amortize any kind of package design, especially if it involves plastic molds!

The idea of a cheap product being made from seconds is appealing, but I really doubt it is possible. Vizio is made cheap from the start.
They have had fantastic success selling inexpensive TVs
that are impossible (except for Chris) to integrate properly
and deliver below-par performance for a cheap price.

I'm sure we could all integrate them. It's just that our customers would have to deal with lack of discretes and other things that keep them from being run with a single button push -- without humans having to make decisions along the way -- which is anathema to any of us installers who deal with good product.
But for someone to claim their Vizio or
Westinghouse or Proscan TV is one of the best on the market
and acting like everyone should own one because it's really
no different than the rest is just plain incorrect.

Exactly.
But no
amount of marketing technique can change what a Vizio
TV is - a low level, discount television. But in all
fairness, they never promise otherwise - just a TV for
the masses, at a low price.

Just my two cents - definitely not the opinion of my company.

Oops. I think you meant to indicate that this is your opinion, but you implied that your company does not agree with you, so you inadvertently spoke on their behalf....
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse