The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Thursday July 19, 2007 at 13:52
AACTrent
Audio Authority Corp.
February 2007
What's being said here is that there are far better TVs out there than a Vizio, and that the absence of comparison (or comparing to other Costco TVs) is no comparison at all.

The custom integrators here (which I am not) and manufacturers here (which I am) have either worked with or seen exhibited at trade shows literally the finest displays on the planet. And the worst too.

Vizio TVs are just one of a dozen bargain basement brands that use seconds from LCD and plasma plants and combine that will low quality worksmanship and components to make a TV that delivers an HD image at a low price point. They have had fantastic success selling inexpensive TVs that are impossible (except for Chris) to integrate properly and deliver below-par performance for a cheap price.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the idea of cheap TVs - not everybody cares for a Fujitsu, NEC, Pioneer Elite, Runco, etc. Some people would like to have one, but don't have the cash. That's okay too - nobody's saying that's wrong. But for someone to claim their Vizio or Westinghouse or Proscan TV is one of the best on the market and acting like everyone should own one because it's really no different than the rest is just plain incorrect.

I will say that I have a huge amount of respect for what V Inc (now Vizio) has done - they've gone from a overseas DVD player company to a well-known discount electronics manufacturer, complete with professional athlete endorsers, glossy boxes, a neat logo, and national television commercials. From a sales and marketing professional, WOW! But no amount of marketing technique can change what a Vizio TV is - a low level, discount television. But in all fairness, they never promise otherwise - just a TV for the masses, at a low price.

Just my two cents - should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.

Last edited by AACTrent on July 20, 2007 15:38.
Trent Davis
Product Manager
www.audioauthority.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse