The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Thursday July 19, 2007 at 09:44
cooldude
Lurking Member
July 2007
Ok, I have to defend fishnrib. We are talking about an f'ing TV folks. I have had many top of the line TV's in my life from names such as Sony, Toshiba, Pioneer, etc. Are any of you really familiar with the guts of any of these? Many of them share the same f'ing parts and are basically the same TV minus the name. Obviously there are exceptions and while Vizio may be a budget brand, for the price on a 1080p lcd it can't be beat. Do you have a 3 year warranty on your TV without spending extra for an extended warranty? Some people don't want to spend all there hard earned money for a Bravia and for acceptable quality will purchase a Vizio to save some $. I have a Toshiba, Sony Bravia and Vizio VU42L. Guess what, my Vizio replaced my Sony Wega which was a top shelf TV back in the day. It only lasted 9 years before it died, I still have a Proscan that is 18 years old, no problems. I don't know how long the Vizio will last but even if it succumbs to an early death, I'll take the money I saved and by a new one. I'll admit, the Bravia picture is better, but I love my Vizio as well (and it's really not that much worse to be honest with you). Any f'ing LCD tv will not display an SD picture well. Some better than others but with that said, with a little tuning my SD picture looks fine! Put this in a little perspective, he loves his TV and that's fine, he saved some money to get a decent TV, not a top of the line TV. Now he has more money in his pocket to do other things or buy some other gadgets! He probably has better things to do than sit in front of his f'ing TV all day and come on these boards and bash people. I joined this forum just to respond to this post, and I think I will stick with the more professional forums.

Later!

Hosting Services by ipHouse