The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday December 21, 2006 at 08:48
tschulte
Advanced Member
November 2005
On December 20, 2006 at 23:55, AHEM said...
Has anyone read this month's CE PRO yet?

Within the article is a list of Circuit City's regulations
regarding Firedog contractors. Among those regulations
are "no denim or 'cargo' pants".
Thou Shalt Not Park in Thy Customer's Driveway

I don't let my guys park on the customer's driveway. IMHO it is rude to pull a work van onto someone else's driveway. I try to seperate my company from the cable & satellite installers. Now I am not saying my trucks look like theirs, but to me it is just polite. Also we deal with a lot of new homes, and I don't want to pull my truck on the driveway and be accused of anything (i.e. cracks, marks, oil, etc.).

Now if the customer says it is okay we will. If the driveway is exceptionally long, I will ask if we can, but I never assume it is okay to.

Funny story about cable guys. In my area Charter subs out a lot of the home installation work. A family moved in next door and ordered cable. Well, since it was a shorter walk from my driveway to the interface box he parked in my driveway. It was his unlucky day that I came home for lunch that day. Here he is in his S10 leaking oil all over my driveway. His response was that he worked for the cable company and he had a "right" to park on my driveway. I informed him of his "rights," and parking on my driveway was not one of them.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Hosting Services by ipHouse