The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Sunday March 23, 2008 at 04:27
dvwebster
Long Time Member
August 2004
I have been following this thread to understand how to convert the Denon documented IR codes and have had some success for my UK AVR4308. This has a built in DAB tuner that replaces HD Radio, so I would expect most codes to work the same as a USA model.

However I have had problems with some of the Sharp codes and some of the Kaseikyo codes too, which lead me to believe that the documention may be wrong or that the codes for the UK model have small differences.

For example the Sharp codes for Cursor Left, Cursor Right when converted using IRCodeGenerator work fine, but Cursor Up and Cursor Down do not. (Also the three Main Volume Preset codes excute to the same level i.e 0dB).

I then tried to implement Cursor Up and Cursor Down as Main Zone K-codes, but try as I might using the MakeHex utility I cannot get them to function, yet the code for Return is OK. This is odd since they are very similar to one another. Return is device 4.1 funtion 34, Up and Down are 27 & 28. Again suggesting that the document is somehow wrong.

If anyone has come across similar problems, I wonder what their solution has been?

Hosting Services by ipHouse