The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Tuesday July 24, 2007 at 21:54
NoFear13X
Long Time Member
April 2007
I feel I owe it to the world, after 7 hours of trying to get RS-232 Power commands to work on an LC-52D92U (or LC-46D92U ) I have figured out that there IS a new firmware update on the 92U and 93U series. I spent a very, very long time on the phone with many supervisors who all told me it was not possible, and the TV simply does not support an RS232 power on command, which I have finally gotten to work. The commands are as mentioned in this thread, but without the firmware update, the "power on" command is not listed in the serial database of the TV, so even if you do the Energy Star disable command as listed, the power on function still will not work because its not built in to the TV. I don't know how to attach a file in the forum, but if someone emails me, I'll gladly forward them the entire email from tech support. Please note upgrading the TV is very easy, and at 5 minutes, relatively quick, but it does require an SD card 128MB or less. I used a 32MB MicroSD in an SD adapter without any problems. E-Mail me at [email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse