Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday November 23, 2008 at 15:23
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
quality is just as good as blu ray.

you have never seen a Blu-ray have you?

but its just a matter of time till downloadable

well everything is a matter of time, records where not here for ever, tapes where not here for ever, CDs won't be here for ever, VHs was not around for ever and DVD will not be around for ever. Everything will have its time and it can be short or long. That being said IF we assume BD gets replaced by DL and not something else then DL won't be realistic for mass adoption for at least 10 or 20 years, so why care about it now? you don’t even know what DL it will be you get a player that does netflix and apple or Vudu wins you lose, you do Apple and one of the other two wins you lose just as much.... and if you want my opinion when DL can become main stream and there is a contender that is pushed and becomes popular I don't think it will be any of the ones that is currently available.

at that point, why would we need blu ray?

I like buying movies, given the choice between a rental and buying I will always pick buying (and there are many others like me). And disks are much more reliable and easy then an HDD based DL system. For example last weekend I went to my sisters, I brought Kung foo panda and Hellboy 2 could I have done it as easily if it was on the HDD? Just take it, throw it in my bag and go?

|

Hosting Services by ipHouse