Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Wednesday January 28, 2009 at 10:27
SnapProductions
Advanced Member
August 2006
Wow this is a tough one.......

Julie it would not be fair to the CI if I paid say "Super GUI Design Firm" thousands of bucks to buy these awesome graphics for my TP.

Only to have them given to my competitors because they choose to have him fix the system in place of me.

Or what ever the case maybe. So now the mass amounts of cash that I invested to make my touch panels the bomb, has just been freely given to my competitors all because of the... "I am the home owner I paid for it?" I really do not think that is fair, and while you may edcuate your clients so to speak......

You are going to get a lot of people who's GUI looked like they were done in MS paint by a 5 year old... to

[Link: crestron.com]

I see your point about the whole code, and the macros and stuff....

But I do not think that the home owners should be able to give a custom GUI to the competition. And with some exceptions I am sure very few clients actually pay for the FULL cost of the GUI design.

NOW.... if they said, "I want my own CUSTOM GUI" and they footed the bill to have it made.... by all means they should have it. But otherwise I think it is unfair to the CI firm that spent all that money making their GUI look pretty, only to give it away to the competition.

PS: I do not have a dog in this fight, as my GUI has a big red 4 in the middle.
"Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end."

Hosting Services by ipHouse