The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 758 made on Monday November 26, 2007 at 11:23
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On November 26, 2007 at 00:20, pilgram said...
|
|
Pay-backs are HELL!!

Glad your Daughter is fine and the car survived! How the heck did she manage to trash 3 tires?

My 19 year old son is pretty good, but I still ride him hard...Then, I remember what a total trouble-maker I was at his age & apologise for getting on his case.

I was telling him some stories the other day about when I was 16, and what I used to do with my dad's Ford Galaxie with the giant 390 V8... Some crazy, crazy adventures!
Once, about a week after he first brought the car home --- I picked up my buddies, and we took it up this dirt road used by the power company trucks to service some communication towers at the top of this little mountain (Squak Mtn.) in Issaquah... 1/2 way up I realised it was better suited for four-wheel drive trucks - not luxury sedans... Then it started snowing, and the road narrowed with big ditches on each side, so we couldn't turn around... got down to about 20 degrees, and getting dark out and we were just wearing jeans and t-shirts!
We got stuck 3 times & had to get out and use the bumper jack to jack, rock and push the car back onto the trail... Finally we got the car turned around (almost at the top of this little mountain), and we were heading back down the mountain towards civilization when my friend said: "Hey studpid!!! The Oil Gauge is on!!!"
I got out and looked under the steaming car to see a huge ripped gash in the oil pan.

We walked about 2 miles out and hitch hiked to a gas station... Had the car towed to the station, and had to have my mom come and get us.
Got the oil pan replaced, and the engine didn't seize-up... but Dad wasn't happy.
I was grounded for a month, couldn't drive, and had to hand-split about 10 cords of freshly cut Alder took me quite a while. Still didn't learn my lesson though!

Last edited by Mr. Stanley on November 26, 2007 16:59.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse