Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday November 6, 2000 at 11:17
Walt Mather
Historic Forum Post
First off, let me thank you for you taking so much of your time and intrest here.

No the RCA RV3798 isn't RF. In fact I have been able to get the C7 to turn it on / off, volume & mute by "learning" the keys from the origional remote. It's just that when I do that, I don't have enough memory in the C7 left for learning all the Dishplay codes I'd like.

I also was able to get my old Jenson SC555 to do on/off, volume & mute with it's 9056 code. So the RCA is an IR receiver.

It's just strange that I've never been able to get any OFA remote to show any sign of sucess with the RCA (other than learning).

Another interresting thing, the remote that came with my dishplayer (when code is set to operate my RCA 32" TV) will actually turn on both the tv and the RCA tuner and operate the volume & mute on the receiver too. It just won't operate anything else or turn it off (it will the tv, but not the receiver).

As far as sending you my rca remote that came with the receiver, that's fine with me. If I need to I can use any of my origional rca remotes to operate it. I have origional rca remotes for TV, VCR, DVD, & tuner/receiver and they seem to be able to control any of the other rca stuff but none have been able to control any dish stuff. That's one reason the new rca RCU810 may be the way to go IF it has built in codes for dishplayer. ( My wife may not like the idea of me spending $70 on a new remote though since I just got the dishplayer - but then again she might if it'll stop my whineing about this whole thing)

If nothing I've said above has shed any new light on this for you and you don't mind trying, please let me know more about sending you my rca remote.

Thanks again,

Walt

Hosting Services by ipHouse