Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Friday September 15, 2000 at 17:27
John Fine
Historic Forum Post
Isn't this thread about what a future remote ought to do?

I always run out of key moves when programming a Cinema 6 or 7. You can do the Vol more precisely with key move than with the Vol specific feature; But that is only for fanatics like use, and on existing remotes it uses key moves you can't spare.

Key moves ought to take very little memory. For future remote, why don't they just support enough that I won't run out (in other words, about twice as many as would be enough for anyone else).

You may have missed my point about VCR1 and VCR2. You can't do that with key moves. When you press either VCR button and then press cable, you want the transport buttons of the last VCR. More generally, you want to program (and often default) a button within a device as transparent (stop, record, etc. would be transparent in my cable device). When you press a device button, all its transparent keys would cling to their last meaning.

I might have been misremembering remotes. It might have been the ACCESS 4 that had nearly right behavior mixing two VCRs and a cable, rather than the Cinema 6.

Hosting Services by ipHouse