Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday July 18, 2002 at 10:19
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
lando,

"All my functions have been learned codes that I manually plugged in" Are you saying you learned every button from all your device's original remotes? Did you first find a device code for each of your devices; i.e. TV0003, rcvr0891, dvd/ld0059, vcr0000? The first step in programming a remote is to find each device's working (or at least mostly working) device code. Then use learning and/or advance codes to supplement any missing buttons. By "learned" codes "that I manually plugged in", I'm assuming you're referring to the "975" procedure, whether to the "smart keys" or to any other key on your 2104. The "995" procedure in the 2104 is for programming in the "favorite channels" or the "power macro" (turning all desired units on in one keystroke). You mentioned the "FAQ" for the 2104 at rob's site. His site does have a pdf version of the original 15-2104 manual; if you don't have a copy of the original RS manual, I'd suggest printing a copy from rob's site, and going from there. His site also has a very nice list of available preprogrammed device codes, and the brand of units that generally operate. From there check his lists of advanced codes to suppliment what you may need (specific missing buttons), and reduce a lot of the learned memory you've used up. Macros will sometimes have difficulty exectuing from "learned" keys. If I read your post right, it appears all your devices are set at the default factory device codes, which have almost nil possibility to be the right ones for your devices.

Hosting Services by ipHouse