Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday October 16, 2002 at 12:40
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Chipper,

Discrete codes, efcs, are three digits, not 4. setup codes in most recent ueic's are 4 digit. You aren't going to get a discrete off using 0170, for one thing that efc only works in rcvr_0842, which you don't have native in ANY ueic remote. It's available as an upgrade, or can be programmed in using JP-1.
NO ONE ever said an 0170 anything (discrete efc or device setup code) would work anything in a onkyo receiver.
The point you keep missing is discrete off is efc 170 only in receiver_0842 which isn't pre-programmed (native) in your remote or any other remote made by ueic. It has been made available by ueic recently; and really isn't a factor if you have JP-1.
If you have to have the discrete off, your options are all listed in my other post. Since it's so important to you, to have it so quick, the fastest option to take right now is to learn it into your P-8; but, as you said, using it in macros may not work very well, if at all.
If you had read the thread carefully you wouldn't have made that 0170 mistake. You also wouldn't have missed the fact that discrete off is in receiver_0842, which you don't have in your remote, so you couldn't possibly access the efc's for it. You can't use something your remote simply doesn't have in it.
If rcvr_0170 did do something to your receiver, that may be something to look at. I'll check devices.xls and see if I can find out why.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse