The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday January 3, 2003 at 10:06
Mandan
Long Time Member
August 2002
I can't just sit here and ignore this any longer.

Jim? LIGHTEN UP! What in the world could make you go off with such invective. Your first post started out helpful and informative and one could see you getting madder and madder as you wrote it.

I've been bailed out several times by the JP1 group and truly appreciate it. Rob, Jim and John have been extremely helpful at times. I've also posted a couple of time and gotten no answers. No biggie. I assumed that no one had an answer to the query. I'm not a hacker, know no programming, and often don't understand what they're talking about. I do read everything over there and have learned a great deal. Do I feel that I'm out of the loop or not one of the chosen ones at JP1.....No!

I own a JP1 modified Cinema 7, a JP1 modified 6012, an 8811 and I now use a 2116 (the best yet). I nearly bought the MX-500 but finally ruled it out based on the posts over on that forum.

That said I really don't understand the distinction between using JP1 to program an everyday URC remote or programming a URC remote so that an MX-500 can be improved. What possible difference could that make? If, in the process of using JP1, the user decides that the URC remote is better than the MX-500 they'll dump the MX-500 on eBay and you've gotten a convert.

And, as is noted above, there's always the option of not responding to the query.

JMO, Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse