The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday January 1, 2003 at 17:13
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
My point is that so many of these MX-500 "lovers" only want JP-1/ueic to provide functions that they can't otherwise get from their MX-500, the MFR of the MX-500,or a MX-500 suppoort group. They find out their MX-500 isn't quite what they thought for the price they paid. So, they resort to using a ueic and JP-1 to "fix" the MX-500's shortfalling. Then the problem is they 1. Ask a million questions about using JP-1 because they just want to take to take the EASY way out and not bother to read any of the Read-Me documents, or 2. Want the group members to GIVE them ready made files to load without searching the HUGE database we have stored there (Laziness again) and occupy OUR time and efforts just so they can get ONE damned stupid function on their remote. Then once they get it, they FORGET everything they were told, and stuff the remote in a drawer; only to buy another piece of equipment down the road and ask the SAME damn questions because they DIDN'T want to LEARN the process the first time around anyway just to get ONE stupid function they JUST GOTTA have.
They NEVER give the group ANYTHING back for the time and effort the group spent usually doing the work for THEM, just to get them off the message board. How many strictly MX-500 users ever posted a device upgrade, or forwarded Rob a missing advance code? Hmmmmm, how about NONE. How many posted a device upgrade for others in the group? NONE. Just take TIME and EFFORT from the group members to set up their remote that will get just one or a couple button presses in it's lifetime.
Sorry, but if I'm gonna go thru all that effort to help someone with his JP-1 remote, it better be for more than just one damed function for his overpriced and ability lacking MX-500. Again, this should be done thru an MX-500 user's support group. A few of THEIR members should become ueic "experts" to help the rest of the MX-500's find workarounds for their remotes. That's a LOT BETTER than 1000 MX-500 users asking the same STUPID questions and wanting so much from the JP-1 group just to get one or a couple button functions. OVER and OVER we get the same questions because they are TOO LAZY to 1. read the documentation posted there, search the files, and at least make a half-ass attempt to either learn or figure it out on their own.
"We" already provided the tools and documentation, but MX-500 owners appear to be NOTORIOUS for looking for the easy, quick, way out. And for what? So they can make their ueic remotes better? Hell no, so they can make up for the shortcomings of their MX-500.
That's like the ueic learning model remote owner being TOO LAZY to use the tools provided--they want someone else to do the work and hand it to them on a silver platter. Sorry, but I got better things to do than waste my time with helping lazy, egocentric people who think the world revolves around them. I'd rather help someone who for some reason CAN'T do something on their own, rather than someone who is just TOO LAZY to even bother trying.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse