Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday January 1, 2003 at 14:40
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Now for a differing opinion ...

I don't really understand why you'd want an expensive remote that doesn't have direct PC programability, nor why you would prefer the physical design of the MX-500 to the good button layout and tactile feedback of many of the OFA remotes (custom button labels would be nice, but not at those costs), BUT if you want to get a JP1 cable and use it to help program your MX-500 and you need to ask some questions in the JP1 group, go ahead. I might even answer some of them (though my usual answer about Pioneer consists of just the crude basics combined with the statement that Rob is the one who really understands the Pioneer stuff). If Jim doesn't want to help, I assume he can ignore your posts in the JP1 group.

If you have a CCF file, you should try the ccf2efc program. If it fails, that means the CCF file is in too new of format for ccf2efc. There is a VERY BIG Pronto Edit program you can download that can read a new CCF file and rewrite it as an old one that ccf2efc can read.

You might find it easier to look for your TV in the devices folder of the JP1 group. If you find it there, most of the work of setting it up for JP1 has already been done.

Hosting Services by ipHouse