Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday January 1, 2003 at 12:08
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Jack,

You don't really need to know or use anything about the hex. There's a "program" called ccf2efc that opens a pronto ccf and displays the information contained in the hex codes in ueic form. That's all you need for the JP-1 remote. It'll usnually lay it out as protocol, device(s), and OBC's and many times list the EFC value as well. With that, you can can use a spreadsheet to see if there's a preformatted ueic device setup code from devices.xls. If not, you can use the JP-1 programs KM and IR to make and input a new device upgrade code for the ueic remote. That'll issue the signal your MX-500 can learn.
You can get all the utilities free at Jp-1. I'd suggest NOT asking questions at the JP-1 group, especially if you tell them all you want to use JP-1 for is to use it to program your MX-500. Those help questions generally go ignored. The consensus is we don't mind helping someone who is actually going to USE their JP-1 remotes; and if you need help with your MX-500, then go ask the bozo's who made your mx-500 how to get what you need. If you do mention it's just to program your mx-500, be prepared to figure JP-1 out on your own, I for one, since I now know your motives, will be one who will ignore your posts.
I don't mind helping someone who is using their uiec remote as a daily user, but I don't like being USED by someone when the ulterior motive is just to suck my time and efforts to work their OTHER remote. I feel that that support should come from the morons that designed and markets that other remote, not a user group set up and supported by people who spent a lot of time and effort to make things possible for ueic remotes. For most of the help you may need, ask a MX-500 user group, or the mfr.
I'm sorry if this sounds crass but I've really gotten tired of people just USING the Jp-1 group for non-JP-1 motives. That includes all the people looking for device setup codes, advance codes,etc. at JP-1 when they should be asking those at other forums, like here at remote central, the pronto user's group, the MX-500 user'sgroup, etc.

Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse