Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Monday October 7, 2002 at 10:46
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
bent,

If you had take the time to scroll down those emails, you'd have seen where you can "unsubscribe" from the email option. You don't have to receive every message posted in email form. If you unsubscribe from the email option, you can visit the site and choose to read whatever messages/threads, etc. that are posted. That's what I do.

If you don't have your browser set to accept cookies, you'll have to "sign in to yahoo" to access the site. I have yahoo messenger, and sign in to it, and thus all yahoo services just after I log on to my isp. That generally precludes having to sign in to my email, yahoo groups, etc. all day long.

I think it's at the top right where you can click on to sign in to the JP-1 group. after clicking on this, it MAY recognize who you are, but you'll still have to enter your registered password. I'm the only one who generally uses my machine so I have my windows set to automatically do all the username/passwords for me. Besides, why do I need to hide the fact that I belong to the group? Of course, while I have my machine set to enter user names automatically, I still have to manually do passwords at most sites, generally anyplace for access to credit cards, bank accounts, etc. But yahoo messenger? NAH!!!!.
I suppose you might be able to find someone who can do JP-1 locally for you, maybe at a price, maybe "gratis". You say all you need is ....., but what about three months from now when the wife gets you a new dvd player, or whatever for Christmas? Or next summer when you decide to get a remote controlled air conditioner? The vcr craps out on you and gets replaced? Then you'll be right back to square one.
I think you just got discouraged because of a little lack of internet savvy; but none of that is insurmountable. Wouldn't you really rather have total control over your remote?
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse