Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Wednesday October 2, 2002 at 17:05
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Bent,

OK, the reason for my prejudice against the MX-500. Yeah, they give you provisions for custom labelled keys, etc, but no codes. Here's the way it typically works out:
Pay 100+ for an MX-500. their MFR gives NO customer support as to getting discrete codes. So the guy gets a 20-30.00 UEIC remote. The device mfr. doesn't provide for discrete on/off for the device, just a toggle code (if your lucky). UEIC can't Give them something that the mfr didn't provide for, so they can't "teach" that MX-500. Do they bash the MX-500 mfr? Or the actual device mfr? NO, they bash UEIC because their 20-30.00 remote can't give them discrete on or off. It's ok that the bozo's gave them NO codes for that 100+ remote. It's ok that Panny, or Sony, or Pioneer, or whomever didn't provide for discretes on that 500.00 piece of equipment. Why isn't who makes the MX-500 giving their owners anything more than a cute remote that can make custom labels? Why aren't they maintaining a huge database of codes? why isn't their remote modem upgradeable or JP-1 programmable? Does phillips provide ccf files for every IR device on the planet? Seems to me it's their customers who do that file making and sharing. I guess customer support just goes out the window when the price exceeds 70.00.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse