Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday October 2, 2002 at 14:00
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Bent,

The URC8910 and 9910 (RF version) do have provisions for phone/modem upgrades. They also allow for .wav file upgrades to program in upgraded device setup codes. These remotes ALSO come with the JP-1 connector that John spoke of. If you read this post from the beginning, you'd know that UEIC does not currently have a device upgrade code that includes the elusive component 1&2 inputs. However I am working on getting a BETA or test version that MAY eventually become available for AT LEAST modem upgradeable remnotes, and possibly SOME mail in models. UEIC wasn't even aware that they could be discretely accessed; however, a JP-1 user did discover them. He's posted them at the JP-1 files area. Basically anyone with a JP-1 remote can program what he needs into his remote NOW. Othere with RS or OFA upgradeable remotes may at some time in the future be able to have it programmed into thiers by RS or UEIC support. UNTIL the beta testing is finished, it isn't available that way, and it's unknown exactly which remotes they will do it for. They don't have the code designed yet, the reason for the beta testing. I haven't received the beta version yet, so at this point the entire project is on hold. I do have 3 people willing to participate in this beta test; all three with different panny models, but all three with 1994 remotes. The beta code could be modified for any other UEIC (RS or OFA, or rca RCU-810) remotes for this beta testing. I suspect your friends 2104 didn't access the discrete Video 4 as well.

The direct answer now is, even if you had a 8910 (or any other modem upgradeable ueic remote) you can't get it upgraded by RS or UEIC to get what you want; they don't have a known working setup code to give you. The beta testing may provide that at some future date. If you were to get a JP-1 remote, the cable, software, etc., you could volunteer for the beta testing. Or, you could just use what's already available to JP-1 group members now, or both.
As you've read, the listed remotes DO NOT have TV_0637 preinstalled. At this point, I don't know of ANY in which they are pre-installed, nobody's reported it being in their model. MX-500 and pronto owners don't have it, it's NOT on an original remote, and strict learners can't learn something they aren't given. Right now, just JP-1 remote users CAN put it in their remotes. Pronto and MX-500 owners could do the same and learn those commands to their learners.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse