Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday September 25, 2002 at 10:54
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Update:

I received another email from my UEIC contact. He was willing to develop a BETA upgrade for testing/modification as neccessary for panny tv's. The problem now is there isn't any current device setup code that uses 128.9, and that's where the component 1 and 2 are located. His proposed device upgrade would be yet another panny combo code, only including 128.0,128.4, and 128.9. It required a JP-1 user to do the BETA testing; therefore I only posted for a volunteer with JP-1 and a Panny 5+ input TV.
Hopefully, I have found a volunteer. Craig has 2 options, he can either just load a file that already exists and is known to work; he can volunteer to be the beta tester; or he can do both.
The end result of the beta testing is UEIC will then have an official device setup code that can be installed in any upgradeable remote. Non-modem remotes will have to be sent in to UEIC, and they will decide the policy on which models they will upgrade. Modem upgradebales will very likely to be available over the net or via phone. FUTURE models or upgrades (i.e.8811B001s, 6012xB001s, etc.) MAY have the "official" panny combo preinstalled. That's the reason for the BETA test. UEIC DID NOT know of the existence of these elusive codes because they are NOT on any original remote. They were discovered by a JP-1 user, and a lot of people owe "Brogdan" a great deal of thanks. However, currently this is of NO use if you don't use JP-1. This beta test, if it proceeds, may give SOME OFA/RS users a way to get it without JP-1.

Hosting Services by ipHouse