Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday September 24, 2002 at 18:22
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
UEIC INFO:
"Jim,
1)I would assume that most users would be able to get TV_0637 as an upgrade but I couldn't guarantee what models, etc. I would have to assume that the 8910 and 9910 would definitely be upgraded via modem and the
ID itself is available for upgrade in all products. Our engineering and customer service departments are in separate states and I have limited contact with them and don't know the details of all of their policies.
I have a contact over there who I can ask, just let me know if you need the details.

2) We don't have a native device setup code for 128.9 although we have seen a few functions from original remotes that use this. What we've done is create a combination protocol to combine all Panasonic codes into one ID(T0650 or T1650, depending on Menu Directionals). These codes are available for upgrade as well although they are two byte codes. FYI: these codes also include Panny 128.0 and Panny 128.4
3) If you've got a breakdown of the different data you've discovered, I can take a copy and add the discrete functions into the relevant ID's so that when we do the upgrades all of the functions will be in there.
Let me know about this because I'm always curious about what people have discovered. We've never seen a remote with Components 1 and 2 before so we don't have this data in any ID's."
****Note: The components 1&2 were discovered thru JP-1
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse