The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 28, 2002 at 07:19
Bumpinsano
Long Time Member
November 2002
Thanks to all who helped me with my questions. Santa delivered it as promised and I'll give you my thoughts:

Easily pre-programmed codes for my Panasonic TV and stand-alone TiVO unit. However the "List" button for TiVO doesn't appear nor does any other key emulate that key. The 2 screen design is mandatory for TiVo use and I can't find any way around it.

If you own a JVC receiver, this may not be the remote for you. After 2 days of calling the #800, the very helpful girl did not have my receiver model listed. I asked her to download the 0074 code. Well, it shuts the receiver off and on and changes the volume and does a few other features but the original remote has to stay out for many of the receiver's functions. She kept my receiver model number and programmed it in her computer system for the 0074 code.

My backlight is not as sensitive as others I have read about and I guess thats a good thing. However if the backlight is off and you press a button, you'll have to press it again to activate the command as the first press activates the backlight.

I do like the thinness of the remote but it is a little long. Don't crank up the brightness to full..you really don't need it.

Its learning function is awful..couldn't learn any JVC or TiVo commands. If anyone knows how to program punch through volume commands, please let me know...I tried everything the manual offers.

You get what you pay for and for $60.00...thats what you get.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse