The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 18, 2003 at 11:42
ChrisCross
Lurking Member
January 2003
I have searched, scoured, and otherwise exhausted all avenues for discrete on/off codes for my DVD player. I have reviewed the workarounds involving the PLAY and POWER codes. However, I have not seen any requests for a "disc skip" code.

The DVD player is a 7-disc changer and has a "disc skip/exchange" button on the front. The supplied JVC remote does not have the disc skip function on it. Has anyone heard of a code that would provide this capability? Is it likely that the unit simply doesn't provide this function through a remote?

The remote does allow direct disc access. By pressing the disc select button and then a number between one and seven I can go directly to any disc. Unfortunately unless you are keeping tabs on which disc you are playing, seeing the front of the DVD player from a distance or while hidden in a closet (the DVD player, not me) can be quite difficult. Knowing this, can anyone think of a reasonable workaround involving disc skip?

I am currently using an RS 15-2104 with a JP-1 cable in conjunction with my new MX-500. Entering any advanced codes would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse