Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 96 made on Saturday November 9, 2002 at 09:42
TransAmMan
Long Time Member
October 2002
Thanks John,
I'm looking up device key info on the JP1 forum.

culp4684,
Is there a reason to upgrade? No, if your completely satisfied with the 15-1994 and it does everything you want. Yes, if you need something (like an updated device code) that is in the 2116. The remotes have pretty much the same internals. The only thing that I really miss on the 2116 is the 4 keys that I used to use for system on/off/config. With JP1 however, the device keys can now be programmed to contain macros and as my wife says "That makes a lot more sense".

You don't want to get involved with JP1 until someone makes a simple software program. Have you downloaded the IR.exe program from the JP1 group on yahoo. You don't need a cable to run the program and see how to assign buttons for your remote. Only the advanced fuctions like using the keymapmaster spreadsheet to upgrade your device gets a little complicated, but since your not upgrading your device anyway try IR.
I don't know what could be easier. Example: Under device button, pick TV, then type in your 4 digit code. Much easier than holding "P" down untill the light flashes twice......etc. Try it out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse