The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 86 made on Thursday November 7, 2002 at 09:42
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
within device setup codes, the advance codes are the same, regardless of which ueic remote you are using. I.e., If you use (for example) efc 180 with TV_0250 in your 1994, that same efc will do the same function with TV_0250 in a 2116, 8090, etc.
I assume you made a device upgrade for your Tivo in your 1994. The keymap will be different for your 2116. Just reload your KM.txt file into KM (6.09), select the 2116 in the remote drop down menue, then go to the button's tab and make sure the button assignments are how you want them. Then copy and paste the device upgrade and protocol upgrade (if needed) into IR, and upload to your 2116.
As you no doubt noted, several buttons were reshuffled compared to where they were located on either the 1995 or 1994, so they will end up in different locations on your 2116. That may take a little time to get used to if you've gotten real accustommed to the know-and-feel of your 1994.
There may well be a built-in sony tivo code, I would think your manual would list it.
If format follows thru with this new remote, the manual may list many of the codes pre-programmed in, but experience with the latest offerings demonstrates that a good few of the older codes may not be mentioned in the manual, but are indeed in the library; If you used a pre-programmed code with your 1994, and it worked well with your device, it won't hurt to see if the 2116 will accept it, even if it's not specifically mentioned in the manual, you may well get lucky.
Reports so far indicate that the 2116 will accept advance codes, and the manual(by hand) procedure has been listed in this thread. However, if the device code happens to be a combo code, without JP-1, you may not be able to program them in. UEIC is working on this shortcoming, whether they find a solution remains to be seen.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse