Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 61 made on Sunday November 3, 2002 at 09:33
TransAmMan
Long Time Member
October 2002
Rob,
The device buttons work exactly as you state. I programmed a macro on the DVD button to turn on the DVD and config the entire system. The shifted buttons still perform the original function of device selection. Likewise set up buttons for CD, VCR, AUX and so on. Works great. Only thing left is to modify Keymap-master to add a new device code. I'm using way to much memory mapping keys for my receiver. Thanks for your tireless efforts as I humbly grovel at your feet.

Mr Bill,
Almost any key can be a macro and its your preference as to how you want to set it up. For my circumstance (and more importantly, my wife) I set up a macro on the device keys, eg. hitting TV turns on everything. The remote's menu will not let you do this on device keys, however, and you would need to program via the JP1 interface. Keys that the remote will not let you program onto are the device keys, scan, setup and light. I think every other key will work though. The "My System" key has a shift mode also, but it cannot be programmed through the remote.

Revwillie,
Yes the "My System" button is the same old "Home Theater" button with the same basic functionality. I prefer the home theater syntax but no one thought to ask me (or anyone else here). I havn't figured out exactly how I'm going to implement the key yet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse