Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday March 17, 2003 at 15:44
fromjusttheking
Long Time Member
February 2003
Ahhhhh, thank you Rob,

That's the kind of info I was really looking for. Now I know that the best thing to do is to get another OFA or RS remote to program my MX-500 with advanced codes. Since I would only be using it for learning advanced codes and sending them to the MX-500, and not saving the data in the OFA OR RS remote once transferred, what remote would you recommend that still is JP-1 compatible, lowest cost (& probably has the fewest devices to control, which is just fine)? I wouldn't think that I would need a learning remote since I can learn most all of my existing remote codes to the '500, except for my Sony STR-DE945 which I know I will need advanced codes for. Things like soundfields, and whathave you, and maybe some X-10 commands to my IR543.

I know that there are some 3 or 4 device "cheapy" remotes out there, but don't know if they are JP-1's. Want to kind of take the "low" road cost wise as after I'm done, it will most like gather dust sitting on a shelf or in a drawer, but still accomplish the task at hand.

I'm all ears.

Thanks again Rob.

Alan R.

Hosting Services by ipHouse