The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 66 made on Tuesday December 10, 2002 at 15:58
chknlil
Lurking Member
November 2002
I disagree that the AV3000 is a larger remote. This kameleon 15-2133 is friggen huge (long). At least the AV3000 is just fat and wide...and it sits on a table! The 15-2133 is almost like the end of a guitar. :) The 15-2133 is a two handed product for me, as is the AV3000.

I'm only being mean....and maybe it's just me...I hope so cause I really think it's a cool looking product, but I've used it for about a week now...And I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to pack it up and return it.

As far as a smaller jump, I was speaking in terms of costs really. A smaller jump to an AV3000 than a marantz...And I'm not convinced the marantz is all that great yet anyways.

Outstanding issues for me:

I can't figure out a way to make it use discrete codes.

I can't seem to get my Sony STR-DE835 to switch to the DVD with the kameleon....even after I have learned the fucntion from the orignal remotes. I was hoping to use a discrete code to get this to work...but no good...

If the display goes out...you have to wait for the display to turn on before you can use the buttons. In other words there are no hard buttons on the devices, like other display remotes use for common functions.

Overall, Between my AV2000, and the 15-2133 Kameleon, I've been happier with the AV2000...that is why I'm considering the AV3000....but then again...maybe I've not give the 15-2133 a fair shot.

Hosting Services by ipHouse