Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Wednesday December 4, 2002 at 10:31
chknlil
Lurking Member
November 2002
All,

I received my Radio Shack branded Kameleon yesterday....I'll write up some info on it as well as put some pictures up when I get a chance.....I bought it to possibly replace my Sony-AV2000.......There are some nice features, but a lot of featues that the AV2000 has that the kameleon does not have and I will miss if I actually make the conversion..... I'm not sure it has the stuff to take the place of my AV2000, but we will see.

The bottom line is the Kameleon is not that much smaller than the Av2000....It's actually pretty large, as far as the length, the width is wonderful, probably only 2.5" - 3"....

So far I've not had any problems with it's functionality, the buttons are quite responsive, night usages is FANTASTIC compared to the AV2000 remote, the auto on motion sensor deal is SWEET. However, not all of the buttons I need are present and I've not finished adding my custom ones yet...and you can't add a unlit button to the screen like you can on the Sony AV2000. Switching to a device doesn't auto power it on like it does on the AV2000. Thus far, I'm a bit disappointed in it overall, but I'm going to give it a week or so and see if I like it better after I've used it a bit.

More to come.

Hosting Services by ipHouse