Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday May 29, 2003 at 11:23
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 05/29/03 10:56, jsmiddleton4 said...
Here is the answer from customer support regarding
the steps.

It was unclear from your earlier post whether you were looking for steps to do this the JP1 way or the non JP1 way. I don't know exactly which commands you're trying to send (device number and command number from RHM's list) so I don't know whether the non JP1 way can send those commands at all.

They suggested, 384/636/447.

They add multiples of 256 to the EFC numbers that they give you. The remote ignores that, so 384 (which is 256+128) does the exact same thing as 128. 636 (which is 256*2 + 124) does the same as 124 and 447 does the same as 191. I'm describing all that so you understand the relationship between what you get from UEI and what you get from RHM's pages.

I also tried the codes from the link above,
107/125/124/191.

1.Press the DEVICE KEY one time and let it go.

That step does nothing in the 15-2116 version of a key move. In other models it sets a default that lets you skip step 5 and/or 9 if it matches the default.

5.Press the DEVICE KEY one time. The screen will
read FROM KEY.

This press of a DEVICE KEY is selecting a setup code for the source of the KeyMove. That setup code must have been programmed onto that Device Key before you start the key move. That setup code must include the Sony device number associated with the command (as documented on RHM's site) and that setup code must suuport EFCs (the 3 digit advanced codes). Most likely that setup code is the problem when it didn't work for you.

Do you understand the process enough to tell us which setup code was programmed to the Device key used in step 5.

9.Press the DEVICE KEY. The screen will read
TO KEY.

That press of a DEVICE KEY determines the device mode in which the new Key Move will be stored. It can be the same or different from the Device Key in step 5.

Hosting Services by ipHouse