The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 31, 2004 at 14:56
Lurker
Lurking Member
October 2004
Long time Lurker (Sept, 2003) first time poster. Through reading the forum(s) I have a basic outline of a (new) issue that I'm faced with.

Here's the situation.

I recently purchased a:

RCA VRD120HF Dual-Deck VCR

that came without any remote at all. Now since I already own a RS 15-2117, I know that I can program some functions via advanced codes. But after having scanned all the RCA VCR advanced codes files (@hifi-remote) the closest match (0060) doesn't seem to have 2 of the most important codes needed to operate this VCR to full capacity. Those would be:

1) Copy (button with allow VCR2 to copy from VCR1 - 0060 has a "dub" function but this is for the "audio (only) dub" feature on the VCR).
2) Toggle between VCR1 & VCR2.

I spent half of yesterday searching this and the hifi-remote forum(s) looking for a workaround/solution/correct advanced codes/JP1 upgraded file, and while I saw Robman lending some guideance on Dual Deck programming:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

I just couldn't figure out how, or if, it would apply to me.

BTW - Last week I purchased a JP1 cable so I could download an already existing (dumped) RCA file at the Yahoo site. But I couldn't find a match for a RCA "dual deck" device in the dump section.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know, or have a better idea, of how to go about programing the RS2117 with full VCR functionality when I sit down to do it.

Thanks.

This message was edited by Lurker on 10/31/04 15:57 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse