The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Wednesday January 18, 2006 at 13:16
The Robman
Loyal Member
August 2001
On January 18, 2006 at 11:32, bghost said...
If I do the above using the 099 code will that
make the power button turn my receiver ON and
OFF?

Yes, that's what it's supposed to do, however there is a mistake in those instructions. They are attempting to program the POWER button using the SAT/0392 code, whereas they should be using the VCR/0060 code. Also, the 099 code just happens to be programmed to the POWER button in the VCR/0060 code.

Here are the correct instructions.

1. Program the 0060 code to the VCR device button

To test if the 099 code works...
2. Press the VCR button
3. Press the POWER button (the device should turn on or off)

To program this code to a button...
4. Press and hold the SET button, 2 flashes
5. Type 994, 2 flashes
6. Tap the VCR device button
7. Tap the POWER button
8. Tap the AUD device button (if that's what you're using for your RCA receiver)
9. Tap the POWER button (or whichever button you are programming - see below), 2 flashes

With some OFA remotes, you cannot re-program the POWER button using keymoves. This may be the case with the 6131, so you may need to use a button other than the POWER button, but by all means try the POWER button first just in case I am mistaken.

Is that what toggle means?

The regular POWER button that you find on most remotes is a "toggle" button, in other words, if you press it once, it will turn your device on, press it again and it will turn the device off, etc. We use the term "toggle" to differenciate this function from the discrete power functions. A discrete code will do just one thing, for example, the DISCRETE ON code will turn your device on when the device is off, but if you use the code when the device is already on, it will leave it on.

Read the following page for more info:
[Link: remotecentral.com]

I am confused because I am not sure why I would
have to hit the SAT device button in the procedure.

So, you're asking "why" it works, OK, but this might get a bit technical...

RCA uses a variety of device codes to control their devices and the POWER function comes from device code 14. Some OFA setup codes are programmed to use a single device code and some are programmed to use multiple device codes. The ones that use multiple device codes use 2-byte variable data which means they don't support advanced codes. I assume you are using the audio/1254 code to control your receiver, this is a 2-byte combo code, so it doesn't support advanced codes, therefore, if you want to re-program any buttons using advanced codes, you would need to use a different setup code that not only supports advanced codes, but also uses the RCA protocol with the right device code. In this case, the setup code that fits this profile is VCR/0060.
Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse