The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday August 28, 2003 at 23:27
AkiraKaneda
Lurking Member
August 2003
All right...tried out the whole works. The SAT section worked, getting the receiver to acknowledge and go to SAT at the press of the button.

Unfortunately, the power off is still an issue. In fact, when I tried what you suggested, I couldn't get the CD player (now programmed into the SAT button after doing everything listed above) to turn off or on! I had to reset the "shared" stuff and reset the SAT button completely, switch it back to CD, and then it worked. The receiver still would go to SAT at the appropriate button press, but no power off.

What I think could be the problem is that the receiver did not have a distinct power off even on the original remote controller that came with the thing. To get the thing to turn off, you'd have to hit the power button twice in rapid succession, first turning off say the VCR and then the second button press would turn off the receiver. I've tried that with the OFA, of course, but it just turns the VCR off and back on again immediately.

Any ideas? (Thanks for your help so far - everything else but the power is working well.)

Hosting Services by ipHouse